Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Smells of Autumn

I am in an Autumn writing... thingy. The Diaries of Mannerbee Mansion is hosting it. Today, I almost forgot that is was the first day and that is why this is being posted so late.
Day 1: A simple paragraph about the time of year.

You may think I am crazy, but Autumn has a certain smell about it. My nose tells me when it really is Autumn. When we open our windows to let the cool air in, the house smells like Fall. When I walk into a coffee shop and Pumpkin Spice coffee is brewing, it smells like Fall. When my friends bake snicker-doodle, ginger-bread, and pumpkin cookies, it smells like Fall. These smells fill me with hope. The oppressive heat of Summer will give way to the relieving Autumn air. And as I sit back with my Pumpkin Spice Latte, snicker-doodle cookies, and big comfy sweater, I am so thankful Autumn is back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment